Emergency notice ×

COVID-19, Town Office & Facility Closure

Be advised that the Town of Legal Administration Office and Public Works Shop are closed to public access until further notice. Town staff will be available by telephone during regular business hours by calling 780-961-3773. In addition, the following town facilities are closed until further notice: - Legal Arena - Legal Curling Rink - Citadel Centre Community Room For those who need to make payments, electronic options are available, as is the use of the drop box to the right of the Town office entrance door. Click for more information.

COVID-19, Town Office & Facility Closure

Development Permits

Development Permit Overview

The Alberta Municipal Government Act (MGA) defines legislative requirements for planning and development. The Act states that every municipality is required to have an active Land Use Bylaw (LUB) to ensure proper and orderly development. All development must compliment other local, regional and provincial plans.

Land use planning seeks to order and regulate land use in an efficient and ethical way, thus preventing land-use conflicts. It aims to enable orderly development of land in accordance with land use districts while safeguarding natural resources for current and future generations. With that, it is important to remember that land use planning started nearly a century ago. As such, land use planning and development requirements have changed. Development that was permitted five, 10, or 50 years ago may not align with current planning and development practices. 


Press enter to search