|Legal is the ideal community for families.
- Increased registration in our schools
- Increased registration in our recreation programs
- New home starts
- Reductions of vacancies in rental homes
- Website & social media is up-to-date
- Increase public feedback from events
- Legal advertised to a broader audience (promote 3 schools, low cost of living, quiet/safe community, recreation facilities (sports, clubs, open spaces) via new pictures on website, targeted outside community, regional partners
- Military – explore opportunities for promotion – re: web link, provide more materials, updates as required
- Join Edmonton Salutes Committee
- Generate current promotional materials (i.e.: Travel Alberta, Go East, etc.)
- Ensure website is up-to-date, put up new pictures (i.e.: photos of new housing) with the new marketing/website program to be launched
- Video Project– can be utilized in background through media sites, as a link on website, YouTube “What do you Like in Your Community” and/or “What makes Legal Your Home”
- Explore billboard ideas – costs, etc.
- Develop a highway billboard to promote community
- Land Inventory on website
- Plan/explore running more family events i.e.: street hockey tournament for Family Day, teen dances, jam session, senior afternoon dance, fun hockey, learn to skate - Multi-age level. Low commitment. Get sponsors to make costs low. Have it run under the Town’s insurance.
|Town of Legal prioritizes collaboration with regional partners.
- Decrease outgoing expenses
- Consistent attendance from region to discuss regional ideas
- Explore 1 Regional initiative per year
- Encourage regular meetings with Councils & CAO with neighboring municipalities in regards to discussing regional issues such as Legal Crossroads, advertising & promotion of region, transportation needs.
- Set up a meeting with Sturgeon County Council and staff to develop partnerships such as creation of Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework (ICF).
- Water services Agreement
- Legal crossroads
- Recreation Agreement
- Fire Services Agreement
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Sturgeon Regional Emergency Management Plan, Explore more cost sharing ideas with SREMP
- Sturgeon Regional Partnership, Explore more cost sharing ideas with region such as Sturgeon Regional Partnership
|Legal has the necessary emergency services for its citizens.
- Fire Prevention Week
- Increase Volunteer recruitment for Fire Dept
- Improving reliable EMS
- Meetings with key stakeholders
- Visibility of emergency group
- Low turnover of all emergency service volunteers
- Decrease emergency services response time (RCMP and EMS), COP, MFR
- Monitor system to ensure that the quality of emergency services is meeting the needs of our residents. Some checks and balances in the system include: adequate and maintained equipment, build a good rapport with Sturgeon County, emergency services are visible in the community, ensure our members have the access to proper training, annual meetings between Council and department heads.
- Lobby the government for improved ambulance services.
- Assist the volunteer emergency services groups by being a strong partner to help recruit new members by means of education, promotion and communication.
- Give published recognition to emergency service volunteers i.e.: Facebook, news print, participate in functions which recognizes volunteers (ie Fire Prevention Week)
|Town of Legal provides support and opportunity for new business and industry.
- Have maintained the businesses we have in the community
- Have increased store front businesses
- Have increased home based businesses
- Decrease all vacant businesses on main street
- Collaborate with regional partners
- MDP development review to align with IDP & LUB review and amend to meet legislative requirements
- Advocacy for a paved connection to the Alberta Heartland
- Meet with local industrial land owners to discuss potential development for industrial use
- Land inventory on website.
- Promote local businesses to use the Sturgeon County Business directory
- Partnering with Legal Chamber of Commerce to promote membership with both organizations
|Town of Legal meets the recreation and social needs of its residents.
- Positive feedback from community and program attendance
- Add new community events
- Decrease indicators of crime in community
- Receive feedback from public on needs through ongoing appraisal surveys, etc.
- Collaborate with regional programs.
- Explore recreation/social opportunities that don’t need to be 100% cost recovery (keep the people here locally)
- Communicate with schools and service groups to identify recreational needs and possible partnerships
- Support crime reduction programs.
- Investigate the possibility/viability of establishing a library or library board in the future
|The Town of Legal is a strong partner in maintaining and strengthening the services we have through education, communication and promotion.
- Attendance in programs
- Volunteers joining the registry
- Enough volunteers to run a program
- Personal invitations to events/info sessions/projects (social media, Legal-Lerie, using volunteer registry)
- Comment/suggestion boxes at events/projects
- Advertising requests for volunteers in Legal-Lerie and social media
- Advertise with different newspapers within surrounding area (i.e.: Morinville News, Free Press, St. Albert Gazette, LED sign with Centralta etc.)
|Town of Legal is fiscally responsible. ensuring community sustainability.
- Balanced budgets
- Low debts
- Sufficient reserves
- Maintaining infrastructure
- Fully utilizing grant money
- 5-year budget forecast for Capital Plan
- 5-year budget forecast for other projects
- Prioritize budget items and plan for funding
- Exploring grant availabilities for Town of Legal
- Collaborate regionally to offer more cost effective services or programs.
|Legal is recognized as a multicultural community with a rich Francophone heritage.
- Partnership with the ACFA and Centralta Tourism Society
- More bilingual activities in the community
- Increase multicultural events
- Respectful relationship between ACFA and the Town
- Achieving competitive advantages through memberships of Francophone organizations
- Meet with Centralta Tourism Society & l’ACFA to brainstorm ideas for promotional strategy for the Town murals and Francophone endeavor’s or events (i.e.: web promotion, maps and other resources)
- Community events showcase multicultural and bilingual heritage (i.e.: Fete au Village & Meet Your Community - food, music, Family Day)
- Maintain relationship with other francophone communities within Alberta (i.e.: Alberta Bilingual Municipality Association)
|Town of Legal has a strong working relationship with the business community.
- Chamber of Commerce and Town have shared vision
- Respectful relationship between Chamber of Commerce , Town of Legal businesses and Town Council
- Maintain ongoing relationship and discussions with the Legal & District Chamber of Commerce.
- Legal Chamber of Commerce AGM function with a presentation from the Town of Legal with a focused agenda on new website benefits and marketing strategies to Chamber of Commerce business memberships (i.e.: power point presentation from a 3rd party working for the Town to present how the initiatives taken by the Town can incorporated with a working relationship with the Chamber of Commerce).
|Town of Legal to have a clear and progressive vision for the future of the community.
- Legal has a vision statement
- Write vision & mission statements for the Town of Legal.
- Develop guiding principles.
|Town of Legal to review, amend or create bylaws to enhance beautification and safety of community.
- Well maintained properties for residential and industrial/commercial
- Positive feedback from the community and visitors
- Develop community standards
- Meeting with bylaw to discuss expectations of enforcement
- Advertise awareness of bylaw