Emergency notice ×


Legal recognizes the value of clean and safe highways and sidewalks and the importance of maintaining them in this condition. HIGHWAY SNOW CLEARING PRIORITIES: 1. Town owned buildings, public parking & sidewalk areas 2. 50 Avenue (secondary highway #651) 3. 50 Street (south and north of 50 Avenue) 4. Residential area to be determined by Town of Legal Public Works staff 5. Alleys and lanes shall be cleared after all other main routes are cleared 6. 50 Avenue between 53 Street and 45 Street, and 46 Street between 51 Avenue and 52 Avenue shall have the in a windrow, with the intersections opened to allow access to other roadways. Once roadways are cleared then snow hauling will commence 7. All snow clearing will be at the discretion of the public works supervisor 8. The public works staff (time permitting) will attempt to clear the driveways into properties once the snowplow has passed. 9. Snow clearing may be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances such as equipment failure, other priorities and staff availability. SIDEWALK CLEARING PRIORITIES: 1. Down town core 2. All remaining sidewalks


Business License

Business License Overview

A business license is a good investment. Having a license shows your customers that you are a legitimate business that complies with local laws and regulations. All businesses that operate within the Town of Legal require a business license.

What You Need to Know

  • Obtaining a business license in the Town of Legal is the law.
  • Business licences need to be purchased and renewed on an annual basis. Payment is due by February 15 each year regardless of when the original business license was purchased.
  • A 10 percent discount is applied to all business license purchases that occur before February 15 of each year.
  • If you operate a home based business within the Town of Legal you are required to purchase a business license.
  • If you do business within the Town of Legal’s corporate limits you are required to purchase a business license.
  • If you are a local or out-of-town contractor providing services within Legal's corporate limits you are required to purchase a business license. 
  • Businesses that operate within the Town of Legal must conform to the regulations established in the Land Use Bylaw. As a result, a development permit may be required in addition to the purchase of a business license.
Bon Appetit  |  Legal Supermart

Bon Appetit | Legal Supermart

Press enter to search