Business License Overview
A business license is a good investment. Having a license shows your customers that you are a legitimate business that complies with local laws and regulations. All businesses that operate within the Town of Legal require a business license.
What You Need to Know
- Obtaining a business license in the Town of Legal is the law.
- Business licences need to be purchased and renewed on an annual basis. Payment is due by January 31 each year regardless of when the original business license was purchased.
- A 10 percent discount is applied to all business license purchases that occur before February 15 of each year.
- If you operate a home based business within the Town of Legal you are required to purchase a business license.
- If you do business within the Town of Legal’s corporate limits you are required to purchase a business license.
- If you are a local or out-of-town contractor providing services within Legal's corporate limits you are required to purchase a business license.
- Businesses that operate within the Town of Legal must conform to the regulations established in the Land Use Bylaw. As a result, a development permit may be required in addition to the purchase of a business license.