Emergency notice ×

SNOW REMOVAL PRIORITIES

Legal recognizes the value of clean and safe highways and sidewalks and the importance of maintaining them in this condition. HIGHWAY SNOW CLEARING PRIORITIES: 1. Town owned buildings, public parking & sidewalk areas 2. 50 Avenue (secondary highway #651) 3. 50 Street (south and north of 50 Avenue) 4. Residential area to be determined by Town of Legal Public Works staff 5. Alleys and lanes shall be cleared after all other main routes are cleared 6. 50 Avenue between 53 Street and 45 Street, and 46 Street between 51 Avenue and 52 Avenue shall have the in a windrow, with the intersections opened to allow access to other roadways. Once roadways are cleared then snow hauling will commence 7. All snow clearing will be at the discretion of the public works supervisor 8. The public works staff (time permitting) will attempt to clear the driveways into properties once the snowplow has passed. 9. Snow clearing may be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances such as equipment failure, other priorities and staff availability. SIDEWALK CLEARING PRIORITIES: 1. Down town core 2. All remaining sidewalks

SNOW REMOVAL PRIORITIES

FCSS

Family and Community Support Services

Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) receive 80 percent of its funding through a partnership with the Government of Alberta, the remaining 20 percent is provided by the municipality. FCSS serves people by identifying community needs from a grassroots level and programs are constantly in flux because community needs change.

First, under the FCSS program, communities design and deliver social programs that are preventable in nature to promote and enhance well-being among individuals, families and communities. Second, they promote, encourage and facilitate volunteers and the use of volunteers in the community.

The Town endeavours to maximise it programs with the funds available. With funds received through the FCSS program, the Town supports local events and initiatives. Here are a few examples where FCSS funds are expended to support the community:

  • Community events such as Family Day, Canada Day, Meet Your Community, and the Christmas Festival.
  • Programs and classes such as Home Alone, Babysitting Course, Paint classes for Seniors, Block Parties, Volunteer Appreciation, Youth Connect Conference, Citadel Theatre outing for Seniors and much more.

In addition to the local events and initiatives offered, community groups are eligible to apply for program funding through the Town’s FCSS grant application process. Grants are reviewed annually and awarded based on a set criteria and fund availability.

Resources

 

For more information, visit Family and Community Support Services Association of Alberta.

×
Press enter to search