Legal recognizes the value of clean and safe highways and sidewalks and the importance of maintaining them in this condition.
HIGHWAY SNOW CLEARING PRIORITIES:
1. Town owned buildings, public parking & sidewalk areas
2. 50 Avenue (secondary highway #651)
3. 50 Street (south and north of 50 Avenue)
4. Residential area to be determined by Town of Legal Public Works staff
5. Alleys and lanes shall be cleared after all other main routes are cleared
6. 50 Avenue between 53 Street and 45 Street, and 46 Street between 51 Avenue and 52 Avenue shall have the in a windrow, with the intersections opened to allow access to other roadways. Once roadways are cleared then snow hauling will commence
7. All snow clearing will be at the discretion of the public works supervisor
8. The public works staff (time permitting) will attempt to clear the driveways into properties once the snowplow has passed.
9. Snow clearing may be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances such as equipment failure, other priorities and staff availability.
SIDEWALK CLEARING PRIORITIES:
1. Down town core
2. All remaining sidewalks
Legal contracts Blue Bag recycling from Ever Green Ecological Services. This service is provided to residents of Legal on a weekly basis at a flat rate of $7.00 bi-monthly.
Recycle pick-up is every Tuesday unless otherwise posted.
In addition to Blue Bag recycling and solid waste management services, the Town provides a Compost disposal site for residents. The site is located at the Town Shop and is intended for yard waste only. Yard waste can be defined as: branches, leaves, grass clippings, and other biodegradable yard material.
The compost disposal site does not accommodate food scraps or human/animal waste. Help increase the longevity of the landfill by properly disposing of yard waste. The Town and its contract service providers will not pick up any yard waste.
Payment of Recycle Utility
The recycle service is billed on a monthly basis for renters and a bi-monthly basis for home owners. Payment must be received at the Town Office by the due date shown on the utility bill. If you are paying a utility bill close to its due date, it is recommended that payment is made directly at the Town Office to avoid penalty.
Payment can be made by Cash, Cheque, or Interac:
By mail: P.O. Box 390, Legal, AB T0G 1L0
In person: Legal Town Office, 5021 - 50 Street, Legal, Alberta during regular office hours (Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. AND 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. unless otherwise posted).
Drop box: Mail slot located at the entrance on the south side of the Town Office, 5021 - 50 Street, Legal, Alberta.
Financial institutions: At most chartered banks, trust companies, credit unions, or via telephone or internet banking. Please allow up to four business days for payment to reach us.
Pre-Authorized Automatic Withdraw: Set up an account with the Town for pre-authorized utility payments.
Take Advantage of the Utility Pre-Authorized Automatic Payment Plan
The Utility Pre-Authorized Payment Plan is an easy and convenient way to pay your utility bill because it removes all the hassle. Automatic payments ensures that your utility bill is paid on time.
This Quick Guide tells you everything you need to know about the pre-authorized program such as, how to join the program, what happens if you miss a payment, how to withdraw from the plan and much more.
To register for enrollment in the pre-authorized utility program, please complete the form below and return it to the Town Office.