NEW Changes coming to Garbage Collection for Legal!
At the September 21, 2020 Council meeting, Town Council passed Bylaw #11-2020 Waste Collection which establishes the terms and conditions for the provision of waste collection and recycling services in the Town of Legal, including automated waste collection services.
At the September 21, 2020 Council meeting, Town Council authorized the CAO to execute a three-year contractual agreement with GFL Environmental Inc for the provision of automated waste collection service.
Effective October 22, 2020 all residential properties will be required to transition to curbside waste collection (residents currently with back alley pickup are required to transition to curbside pickup).
Here are some important dates:
- October 5-9: GFL will go door to door to drop off information flyers
- October 16: GFL will deliver the waste roll out carts
- Thursday October 22: start of new automated waste collection services
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
- Automated weekly waste collection service will take place on Thursdays for the entire town.
- Residents south of 50 Avenue will be required to transition from Wednesday collection to Thursday collection effective the week of October 19th.