Solid Waste Management Overview
The Town of Legal provides solid waste management services at a flat rate of $34.00 bi-onthly. Solid waste collection occurs weekly.
If you live North of 50 Avenue your solid waste is picked up every Thursday unless otherwise posted.
If you live South of 50 Avenue, your solid waste is picked up every Wednesday unless otherwise posted.
Facts You Need to Know
- Waste collection is established by Bylaw #10-2016
- Users of this service must ensure solid waste is properly bagged and placed in a container for pick up at the curb.
- Solid waste must be at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the scheduled pick-up day or there is a risk that your solid waste will not be collected.
- Solid waste bags must not exceed 30 pounds. Bags exceeding this weight will not be picked up.
- Yard waste is not collected as solid waste. Grass clippings, branches, leaves and other compostable material must be brought to the Town Compost Site located at the Town Shop (5310 – 48 Avenue).
Payment of Solid Waste Utility
The solid waste service is billed on a monthly basis for renters and a bi-monthly basis for home owners. Payment must be received at the Town Office by the due date shown on the utility bill. If you are paying a utility bill close to its due date, it is recommended that payment is made directly at the Town Office to avoid penalty.
Payment can be made by Cash, Cheque, or Interac:
- By mail: P.O. Box 390, Legal, AB T0G 1L0
- In person: Legal Town Office, 5021 - 50 Street, Legal, Alberta during regular office hours (Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. AND 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. unless otherwise posted).
- Drop box: Mail slot located at the entrance on the south side of the Town Office, 5021 - 50 Street, Legal, Alberta.
- Financial institutions: At most chartered banks, trust companies, credit unions, or via telephone or internet banking. Please allow up to four business days for payment to reach us.
- Pre-Authorized Automatic Withdraw: Set up an account with the Town for pre-authorized utility payments.