Legal recognizes the value of clean and safe highways and sidewalks and the importance of maintaining them in this condition.
HIGHWAY SNOW CLEARING PRIORITIES:
1. Town owned buildings, public parking & sidewalk areas
2. 50 Avenue (secondary highway #651)
3. 50 Street (south and north of 50 Avenue)
4. Residential area to be determined by Town of Legal Public Works staff
5. Alleys and lanes shall be cleared after all other main routes are cleared
6. 50 Avenue between 53 Street and 45 Street, and 46 Street between 51 Avenue and 52 Avenue shall have the in a windrow, with the intersections opened to allow access to other roadways. Once roadways are cleared then snow hauling will commence
7. All snow clearing will be at the discretion of the public works supervisor
8. The public works staff (time permitting) will attempt to clear the driveways into properties once the snowplow has passed.
9. Snow clearing may be delayed due to unforeseen circumstances such as equipment failure, other priorities and staff availability.
SIDEWALK CLEARING PRIORITIES:
1. Down town core
2. All remaining sidewalks
Our community is continuously looking for individuals who would like to donate some of their time to local service groups, non-profit organizations, societies and Town run or sponsored programs.
If you would like to volunteer, please add yourself to the Town's volunteer list by completing the Volunteer Registry Form or by contacting to the Town Office. You will receive notification when volunteer opportunities are available or when organizations are looking for assistance.
To register as a volunteer, you can submit your name online by filling out your information in the "Volunteer Registry" below, by print the online form and dropping off at the Town Office or by contacting to the Town Office.