Tree Maintenance Overview
The Town is responsible for the maintenance of trees on public property. As such, the Town conducts a formal inspection of all boulevard trees, which generates a list of pruning, removal and planting. Work is completed in accordance with the formal inspection process.
Contact the Town Office at 780-961-3773 to report a dead or damaged tree. All reports are recorded and inspected. Maintenance or removal will be scheduled based on the severity of the issue.
Residents are responsible for the maintenance of trees on private property. Tree branches can be disposed of at the compost site at the Town Shop.
Things to watch for and maintain:
- Trees or scrubs growing into power lines
- Trees or scrubs growing into eaves-troughs and drainage systems
- Trees or scrubs impeding traffic visibility
- Trees or scrubs impeding traffic signs
- Trees or scrubs impeding sidewalks