Parks and Playgrounds
Nobody has more fun than the children and families that take advantage of the many parks and playgrounds available in Legal! Whether you are out for a picnic, an evening walk, dropping a line in the fish pond, or capturing levels of light through your camera, there is outdoor space suitable for you.
As with all facilities in Legal, the parks and playgrounds are well maintained and safe for users.
- Playground, green space, day-use park, walking trail, ball diamond and fishing pond.
- Access the park at south end of 45 Street or east end of 49 Avenue.
Centennial Dog Park
- Off-leash park for dogs and their owners.
- Access the park at the east end of 49 Avenue off of 47 Street.
- Follow rules and regulations as posted at the park and listed in the Animal Control Bylaw.
- Sport fields to include soccer pitches and ball diamonds, green space, walking trail, Gazebo, demolition pit (for Fête au Village Demolition Derby), indoor and outdoor arenas, and an outdoor skatepark.
- Access the park at Citadel Centre, 4812-51 Avenue.
Grasshopper Hill Park
- Playground, basketball court, pickleball court, green space and walking trail system.
- Access the park at the north end of 50 Street via the walking trail or vehicle access near the alley at 51 Street and 52 Avenue.
- Playground, green space and ball diamond.
- Access the park at south end of 47 Street.
All Town owned playgrounds are inspected regularly. Minor repairs are completed immediately with work orders created for larger tasks.
Tails and sidewalks are maintained by the Public Works department which includes but is not limited to snow removal, mowing, trimming, and repairing trip hazards.
Notify the Town Office to report and maintenance issues.
Legal's walking trail network is expanding. With a variety of surfaces including 3 km's of paved trails runner, walkers, or peddle bikers can experience the outdoors safely. The walking trail system is well equipped with benches so you can take a break, listen to the birds and enjoy the fresh air. A printable copy of the trail map is available here.