COVID - 19: Legal Arena Restriction Exemption Program (REP)
COVID - 19 and the Legal Arena
In response to the ever-changing environment of the COVID-19 pandemic and the new provincial restrictions, the Town of Legal will be adapting the Restriction Exemption Program (REP).
TOWN OF LEGAL’S RESTRICTION EXEPTION PROGRAM (REP)
Staff, contractors and volunteers of the Town of Legal, must wear a mask.
PATRON SCREENING/CHECK-IN PROCEDURE
1.) Table set up at the front door with:
- Proof of Vaccination Card Sign, hand sanitizer, masks, wipes, gloves
- Patron Tracking Sheet
- Copies of Provincial Guidance Documents and Health Order
- Health Screening Pop-up sign
2) Staff Screen each patron for the following:
- All attendees including Youth aged 12-17 who are not participating in an activity must show valid proof of vaccination or valid proof of negative test result or valid proof of medical exemption.
- Youth aged 12- 17 participating in sport and fitness are required to screen for symptoms
- All attendees 18+ years must show valid personal ID
3) Check in procedure:
- Where possible, staff to check patron info without handling the cards or phones.
- Staff checks patron info has been shown (as noted above and in the details provided below) and marks patron on the Patron Tracking Sheet. No data is kept due to privacy laws.
- Staff check in for Youth 12-17 participating in sport and fitness. Staff points to the “Keeping You Safe” sign by the table at the front and verify they can answer No to all the questions. If they say no they are able to go into the building. If they say YES they are not permitted to enter.
- Staff member gives the patron a Checked Sticker to identify who has been checked. They are to wear it and have it visible at all times. This allows the patron to leave and re-enter the building if needed. Staff can spot check individuals upon retry to the building.
- Reminder to all patrons that masks are required (for ages 2yrs+) unless participating in indoor physical activity
The check in procedure is required each day during hours of operation.
PATRON SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
UNTIL OCTOBER 25, PROOF OF SINGLE DOSE IS ACCEPTABLE AS LONG AS DOSE WAS GIVEN MORE THAN 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO ENTRY TO PROGRAM OR FACILITY
AFTER OCTOBER 25, PROOF OF DOUBLE VACCINATION IS REQUIRED AS LONG AS IT WAS 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO ENTRY.
1) All Attendees including Youth aged 12-17 who are not participating in an activity to show ONE of the following:
a) Valid Proof of vaccination OR:
- A picture or paper record of a valid Alberta Health Services, MyHealth Records, pharmacy, First Nations, or physician immunization record prominently displaying the name, type of vaccine and date of administration, or
- Canadian armed forces immunization record, displaying the name, type of vaccine and date of administration, or
- An immunization record from another Canadian Province or Territory, displaying the name, type of vaccine and date of administration, or
- Valid Government of Alberta Vaccination QR code (when available).
b) Valid Proof of negative privately-paid test result OR:
- It must clearly outline the laboratory that completed the test if applicable (e.g., DynaLIFE), the type of test, time of sample collection, and clear indication of a negative result.
- A picture of a rapid test result taken off site is not sufficient for this purpose.
- Individuals must not bring completed rapid tests or self-tests to operators, as they can pose a communicable disease risk.
- Testing must not be sourced from the Alberta Health Services public COVID-19 testing system.
c) Valid Proof of a medical exemption letter:
- Original, signed letter from a physician or nurse practitioner that includes:
- The name of the person in the written documentation that matches the identification provided (18 years and older).
- The physician’s or nurse practitioner’s information is complete by including:
- Name, phone number, contact information, professional registration number, and signature of the physician or nurse practitioner;
- Statement that there is a medical reason for the individual’s exemption from being fully vaccinated against COVID-19; and
- The duration that the exemption is valid.
2) Youth (12-17) participating in sport, fitness, recreation and performance activities are:
a) Only required to screen for symptoms; maintain 2-metres distancing and wear a mask (except while engaged in physical activity).
3) Valid Personal ID for 18+ Years Acceptable forms of Identification (ID) include the following:
- Birth certificate,
- Citizenship card,
- Driver’s license,
- Government (Alberta or other) issued identification card, including health card,
- Metis card, Treaty card, Inuit Status card, or
- Passport, or
- Permanent Resident card.
USING THE FACILITY
- Masks are required for all patrons (2+yrs).
- Maintain 2 metre distance where possible
- Masks are required for all patrons. Masks can be removed while participating in physical activity.